More than 450,000 travellers have enjoyed The Loft since it opened its doors in June 2018, with the votes of consumers and the opinions of industry professionals helping to secure the award at a gala ceremony in Madiera.
Lexus sees itself as more than just a car manufacturer, referring to itself as a “global luxury lifestyle brand”. Guests using The Loft can “immerse themselves in the world of Lexus”, enjoying an area of 2,040m2 and seating for 500.
The lounge is divided into areas with different ambiences and features, including a central bar, seating zones and a break-out space. The Lexus zone draws inspiration from Lexus brand experience centres in Tokyo, Dubai and New York.
- Japanese hospitality values brought by Lexus
- Chocolate experience hosted by a Neuhaus maître chocolatier
- At-home SPA Grohe shower suites
- Individual nap rooms with starlit ceiling
- Lexus LS shiatsu-effect massage chairs
- Variety of fresh organic dishes and drinks by Foodmaker and Rombouts
- Beer taps, including best Belgian beers
- Eco-consciousness by banning plastic bottles
- Award-winning artworks and inspirational design elements by Lexus
- Dedicated Mark Levinson hi-end audio listening room
- Regular events ranging from wine tasting to music ensembles
Pascal Ruch, head of Lexus Europe, said: “We are delighted that the travel industry recognised the unique experience brought to business travellers by Lexus and Brussels Airlines through our lounge partnership at Brussels Airport.
“For Lexus, this partnership is an exciting opportunity to bring our core brand values of design and craftsmanship to a global audience, reaching beyond the automotive world.
“This is a place where people can enjoy and get to know Lexus’s true spirit of omotenashi, the Japan-inspired personalised and exceptional hospitality and service experience we bring to our guests.”
The Loft is open from 5am to 9pm daily. We suspect many travellers might find it hard to leave.