The new 2019 Toyota Corolla will cost from £21,300 and the firm says first deliveries of the new British-built hatch and Touring Sports estate will begin in late March 2019.
Dealers are already taking pre-orders for the new Corolla, which has an all-petrol line-up of one turbo and two hybrid engines (the expected take rate is 85 percent hybrid). Four trims are available – Icon, Icon Tech, Design and Excel.
Specifications are pretty generous. Every new Corolla is fitted with 16-inch alloys, automatic LED headlights, reversing camera, reversing camera, heated front seats and an 8-inch Toyota Touch 2 infotainment system. 1.8 Hybrids get dual-zone climate control too.
Every Corolla also has Toyota Safety Sense as part of the standard spec. This comprises pre-collision warning that can detect pedestrians at day and night, and cyclists during the day, adaptive cruise control, road sigh assist and automatic high beam. Adaptive cruise control will also automatically bring the new Corolla to a halt in stop-start traffic.
The Icon Tech adds sat nav, a 7-inch TFT instrument panel and parking sensors.
Design is about, well design, says Toyota. It gets bigger 17-inch machined alloys, rear privacy glass, LED front fog lights, auto-fold door mirrors, rain-sensing wipers and the option to have an opening panoramic roof.
Top-spec Excel has 18-inch alloys on the hatch (the Touring Sports keeps the 17”s), bi-LED headlights and sports front seats with part-leather upholstery. Hatchback buyers can choose an optional bi-tone paint finish, and 2.0-litre Hybrid customers can option an eight-speaker JBL premium sound system.
2019 Toyota Corolla prices
- 1.2T hatch: £21.300
- 1.8 Hybrid hatch: £23,750
- 1.2T Touring Sports: £22,570
- 1.8 Hybrid Touring Sports: £25,020
- 1.2T hatch: £22,350
- 1.8 Hybrid hatch: £24,800
- 1.2T Touring Sports: £23,620
- 1.8 Hybrid Touring Sports: £26,070
- 1.2T hatch: £23,375
- 1.8 Hybrid hatch: £25,825
- 2.0 Hybrid hatch: £28,820
- 1.2T Touring Sports: £24,645
- 1.8 Hybrid Touring Sports: £27,095
- 2.0 Hybrid Touring Sports: £28,820
- 1.8 Hybrid hatch: £27,345
- 2.0 Hybrid hatch: £29,070
- 1.8 Hybrid Touring Sports: £28,615
- 2.0 Hybrid Touring Sports: £30,340