The new Seat Arona small crossover SUV will launch in UK dealers on 17 November 2017 with prices starting from £16,555, the firm has now confirmed.
Seat’s Ibiza-derived rival to the Nissan Juke and Renault Captur is its smallest crossover yet, sitting below the smash-hit Ateca, and follows the now-established trend of offering several ‘First Edition’ launch specials.
- New Citroen C3 Aircross to undercut Nissan Juke
- 35 hot new cars still to come in 2017
- 2017 Seat Ibiza first drive review
The core model range of SE and SE Technology, FR and FR Sport, Xcellence and Xcellence Lux will be joined by an £18,730 SE First Edition and £22,020 Xcellence First Edition, which will be the key cars dealers will be showing to customers from mid-November.
Seat says the model range has been tailored to be easy and straightforward: instead of making buyers fret with configurators over options and other choices, they simply choose the trim level, engine and colour. It is, reckons the firm, “an innovative new approach to simplifying customer choice for easier car buying”.
Regardless of this, buyers can still pick up to 30 colour combinations, including three different roof colours – and metallic paint is standard on every Arona, even the base SE.
Five engines are offered, a 1.0 TSI 95 or 115, a 1.5 TSI Evo 150, and either a 1.6 TDI 95 or 115. Manual and DSG gearboxes are available but you can’t get an all-wheel-drive Seat Arona.
2018 Seat Arona: standard equipment
- SE: 17-inch alloys, bi-colour roof, LED running lights, air con, five-inch touchscreen
- SE Technology: Connectivity Pack Plus (eight-inch touchscreen with nav, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto), wireless charging, rear parking sensors, two SD card slots
- SE Technology First Edition: Storage pack, Winter pack, auto wipers, climate control, adaptive cruise control, folding door mirrors, auto-dim rear-view mirrors
- FR: full LED headlights, sport front seats, flat-bottom steering wheel, sports suspension, rear disc brakes
- FR Sport: 18-inch alloys, Alcantara upholstery, Dynamic Chassis Control
- Xcellence Lux: 18-inch alloys, Alcantara upholstery
- Xcellence First Edition: Beats sound system, winter pack, front sensor, rear-view camera, park assist
2018 Seat Arona: prices
|Arona SE||1.0 TSI 95hp||£16,555|
|Arona SE||1.0 TSI DSG-auto 115hp||£17,740|
|Arona SE||1.6 TDI 95hp||£18,500|
|Arona SE Technology||1.0 TSI 95hp||£17,330|
|Arona SE Technology||1.0 TSI DSG-auto 115hp||£18,730|
|Arona SE Technology||1.6 TDI 95hp||£19,490|
|Arona SE Technology First Edition||1.0 TSI 95hp||£18,730|
|Arona FR||1.0 TSI 115hp||£19,680|
|Arona FR||1.0 TSI DSG-auto 115hp||£20,760|
|Arona FR||1.6 TDI 95hp||£21,840|
|Arona FR||1.5 TSI EVO 150hp||£21,055|
|Arona FR Sport||1.0 TSI 115hp||£20,450|
|Arona FR Sport||1.0 TSI DSG-auto 115hp||£21,530|
|Arona FR Sport||1.6 TDI 95hp||£22,610|
|Arona FR Sport||1.5 TSI EVO 150hp||£21,825|
|Arona XCELLENCE||1.0 TSI 115hp||£20,825|
|Arona XCELLENCE||1.0 TSI DSG-auto 115hp||£21,825|
|Arona XCELLENCE||1.6 TDI DSG-auto 95hp||£23,585|
|Arona XCELLENCE||1.6 TDI 115hp||£22,985|
|Arona XCELLENCE Lux||1.0 TSI 115hp||£21,880|
|Arona XCELLENCE Lux||1.0 TSI DSG-auto 115hp||£22,880|
|Arona XCELLENCE Lux||1.6 TDI DSG-auto 95hp||£24,640|
|Arona XCELLENCE Lux||1.6 TDI 115hp||£24,040|
|Arona EXCELLENCE First Edition||1.0 TSI 115hp||£22,020|