“Why is my BMW 3 Series the best?” This, believe it or not, is one of the most common motoring questions, according to a study conducted by Scrap Car Network.
“Is my Vauxhall Mokka a 4×4?” was another popular query, along with “Is my Mercedes C-Class rear-wheel drive?”
Disappointingly, “Are modern Audis fitted with indicators?” didn’t feature in the results.
Most questions started with “Why is my…” or “Why won’t my…”, which suggests many people turn to Google for help diagnosing a problem.
Losing power was a major concern for Vauxhall Corsa, Audi A3, BMW 1 Series and Vauxhall Insignia drivers.
‘Inexplicable beeps’ was the second most common question for Kia Sportage, Fiat 500 and Peugeot 208 drivers.
Indeed, the majority of queries were related to maintenance or problems, with drivers asking Google for help with juddering, starting issues, overheating, burning smells and a loss of coolant.
‘Better to be safe than sorry’
William Fletcher, managing director of Scrap Car Network, said: “It’s a good sign that drivers are curious to discover what’s going on with their car. It enables them to make informed decisions about maintenance.
“And while search engines may provide tips on fixing basic issues, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Drivers should consult a professional if they’re worried.
“It’s an equally good thing that buyers are doing proper research before deciding what car best suits their needs
“It’s often the case that inexperienced buyers take a test drive and fall in love with a car without understanding important issues like maintenance costs, availability of parts, reliability and common faults. Ignoring these things can result in a months, if not years, of unhappy motoring.”
Most popular search queries for top 20 cars of the past decade
- Why is my Vauxhall Corsa losing power?
- Why is my Audi A3 losing power?
- Why is my BMW 1 Series losing power?
- Why is my Vauxhall Insignia losing power?
- Why is my Kia Sportage beeping?
- Why is my Fiat 500 beeping?
- Why is my Peugeot 208 beeping?
- Why is my Ford Fiesta juddering?
- Why won’t my Mercedes A-Class start?
- Why is my Vauxhall Astra juddering?
- Why is my Nissan Juke not starting?
- Why is my Volkswagen Golf losing coolant?
- Why is my Nissan Qashqai not locking?
- Why is my Volkswagen Polo losing water?
- Why is my Mini overheating?
- Why is my Toyota Yaris using oil?
- Why is my Ford Kuga burning?
- Is my Mercedes C-Class rear-wheel drive?
- Is my Vauxhall Mokka a 4×4?
- Why is my BMW 3 Series the best?