Jaguar has opened a new hot lap experience at the ‘hellish’ Nürburgring Nordschleife, running a 575hp F-Type SVR and the equally-potent XJR575 to take up to three people on high-speed experiences of the world’s most challenging racetrack.
- Jaguar XE SV Project 8 blitzes Nürburgring lap record
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS sets new Nürburgring record
The Jaguar Race Taxi experience sees professional drivers become taxi drivers, hammering the cars around the German racetrack and generating cornering forces of up to 1.2g.
Indeed, “our highly experienced professional drivers are veterans of the Nürburgring 24-Hour Race,” said JLR European engineering operations manager Phil Talboys, “making them uniquely qualified to show customers the true potential of these V8 Jaguars”.
With 73 corners and nearly 21km of racetrack to learn like the back of their hand, such experience is reassuring.
The only proviso is that passengers must be aged 18 or over: although the F-Type will only seat one person, up to three passengers can go out in the XJR575 – and the €199 cost (that’s around £175 at today’s exchange rates) is a cost per lap, not per person.
Book either in person at the track, or in advance via Jaguar’s German website. For 2018, the Jaguar Race Taxi experience will run from now until November.
Jaguar Race Taxi experience
- How much: €199 (around £175)
- How many people: One person (F-Type SVR), three people (XJR575)
- How long: 30 minutes
- What you get: Safety briefing, hot lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife, post-lap video footage review
- What you take away: HD video of your lap