Seat has cut up to £1,945 from the list price of its Leon Cupra range, taking the entry-level SC three-door and five-door models below £30,000 – for both manual and DSG automatics.
The reductions comprise £555 off the manual cars, and a heftier £1,905 off the DSG autos. It means manual and automatic Leon Cupras now cost exactly the same: an auto is effectively a no-cost option.
Seat Leon Cupra: 2018 prices
- Seat Leon SC Cupra 300 manual: £29,600
- Seat Leon SC Cupra 300 DSG auto: £29,600
- Seat Leon Cupra 300 5dr manual: £29,900
- Seat Leon Cupra 300 5dr DSG: £29,900
- Seat Leon ST Cupra 300 manual: £30,895
- Seat Leon ST Cupra 300 4Drive DSG: £32,580
There’s been no cut in standard equipment despite the lower prices, either. Indeed, Seat’s now added as standard its Digital Cockpit electronic instrument binnacle as standard, along with 19-inch alloys, Dynamic Chassis Control, and both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
Of course, even sub-£30k prices are too much for most of us to stump up outright. So Seat’s pulled together a PCP finance package that offers a five-door Leon Cupra DGS, with metallic paint, for £349 a month.
It requires a £5,099 customer deposit, but the dealer adds £1,500 to this, and the £349 a month finance plan is spread over four years at 5.8 percent APR. the final payment is £11,538 and the total amount payable is £33,050 (compared to the list price of £30,480).
Oh, and if you’ve already ordered a Leon Cupra at the higher prices, don’t worry. So long as it’s not already been registered, Seat will update your order to the better-equipped and cheaper cars. Effectively giving you cashback without lifting a finger!
2018 Seat Leon Cupra vs rivals
So how does the new Leon Cupra compare in terms of price to its key rivals? Here are the starter list prices for some of its direct competitors…
- Ford Focus ST-3 (250hp): £27,965
- Peugeot 308 GTI 270: £28,590
- Seat Leon Cupra 300 5dr manual/DSG: £29,900
- Volkswagen Golf GTI Performance (245hp): £30,475
- Honda Civic Type R (320hp): £30,995
- Ford Focus RS (350hp): £32,765
- Volkswagen Golf R (310hp): £33,505
- The Seat Leon Cupra R has sold out in the UK
- Seat Leon Cupra: two-minute road test
- Why are there no new yellow Seat Leon Cupras?