The VW diesel info website is intended to be a one-stop information resource for U.S. customers who may be driving diesels featuring the emissions-cheating defeat device.
Fronted by a video message from Volkswagen of America chief Michael Horn (who admitted “we totally screwed up” as news of the scandal broke), VW has included a FAQ section, which it aims to update as more information becomes available.
“Are news reports of this “defeat device” true”, asks the first question: Volkswagen explains how emissions tests are run and then admits “regrettably VW violated these regulations.
“We take full responsibility – and deeply regret that this happened.”
More on the VW Group scandal on Motoring Research
- Audi: 2.1 million cars contain cheat code software
- Switzerland bans Volkswagen Group sales
- VW scandal: Matthias Müller becomes CEO, priority is to ‘win back trust’
- VW scandal: who is Matthias Müller?
- Volkswagen: ‘We are sorry. And will put it right.’
- #Dieselgate: company cars set for a nasty shock?
- Dieselgate latest: what we’ve learnt – LIVE
- SMMT says Volkswagen emissions scandal ‘not an industry-wide issue’
- Volkswagen U.S. boss: ‘we totally screwed up’
- Volkswagen diesels ‘manipulate US emission testing: VW CEO ‘deeply sorry’