Land Rover has produced its 6 millionth car and is showing the landmark model, a Range Rover, at the 2015 Shanghai Motor Show.
The milestone car is a Range Rover LWB Vogue SE which was built on April 2, 2015: it’s been fitted with a special puddle lamp graphic unique to this Yulong White vehicle.
Andy Goss, JLR group sales operations director, said: “For 67 years Land Rover has been building the world’s most capable all-purpose vehicles.
“It’s fitting that the 6,000,000th Land Rover to be produced is a Range Rover, since this year marks the 45th anniversary of the original Range Rover’s launch and even today, the vehicle remains peerless.”
The 6 millionth Land Rover is going to be staying in China too, he added. “With the growth of sales in China since the latest version of the Range Rover was introduced in 2012, it is entirely appropriate that this landmark vehicle is destined for a Chinese customer.”
Land Rover 6 million vehicles: 6 facts
- 900,000 Land Rovers are Range Rovers
- 2 million of the 6 million total have been built in the last 8 years
- The first Land Rover was built in 1948
- Land Rover’s first motor show was the 1948 Amsterdam Motor Show on 30 April
- The 1 millionth Land Rover was built in 1976
- The 3 millionth Land Rover was built in 2001