Its advantage over Vauxhall actually grew in July 2015 by almost half, thanks to strong sales of the Fiesta and Focus passenger cars.
There’s a third Ford leading the sales charts by a huge margin though – the Transit. The broad range of Transit models helped total Ford CV sales in July beat its nearest rival by more than 125%.
Andy Barratt, Ford of Britain chairman and managing director, said: “The sales success of our fresh and extended CV range this month has made five models segment leaders and the other one a close second.
“Our car sales are also gathering momentum as we roll out further new models including C-MAX, S-MAX, Galaxy, Mustang and Mondeo Vignale.”
The figures mean Ford has extended its lead as the UK’s best-selling car, van and total vehicle producer.
Ford UK market domination – five facts
1. The Ford Fiesta has been the UK’s best-selling car for seven years running
2. Ford Kuga sales are running at their highest level since launch
3. Ford sold 7,216 more cars in July than its nearest rival
4. Ford has sold 30% more vans this year than in 2014
5. Retail Ford sales year-to-date are 4.2% ahead of Vauxhall