Alfa Romeo has opened UK ordering for its new Giulia compact executive saloon, with prices starting from £29,180.
Dealer deliveries of the new Giulia are expected to being in late November and early December, meaning those ordering today should be able to get their new Alfa before Christmas.
- New 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia revealed
- Call the Carabinieri! Meet the Alfa Romeo Giulia cop car
- More car news on Motoring Research
There’s a full Giulia range ready for the opening of orders, consisting of five trims and four engines, stretching from entry-level Alfa Giulia trim, through Super, Tecnica, Speciale and the range-topping, 510hp Ferrari-engine’d Quadrifoglio. There are two petrol engines and two diesels.
All models come with eight-speed automatic transmission as standard: a manual is available on the continent, but not in right-hand drive guise.
Alfa is, understandably, pumped up for the arrival of its most important car in several decades (and this is from a brand that’s often found itself in such perilous states as to regularly need ‘make or break ‘ cars).
The firm’s also keen to promote its dealer locator tool in communications. Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar buyers haven’t had an excuse to visit an Alfa dealer in almost a decade, so the firm is focusing heavily on getting back on their radar.
Alfa Romeo Giulia prices and specs
- 2.0 Turbo 200 Giulia: £29,180 (0-62mph 6.6secs, 47.9mpg)
- 2.0 Turbo 200 Super: £30,880
- 2.2 JTDM-2 150 Super: £30,750 (0-62mph 8.4secs, 67.2mpg)
- 2.2 JTDM-2 150 Tecnica: £30,995
- 2.2 JTDM-2 180 Super: £31,950 (0-62mph 7.2secs, 67.2mpg)
- 2.2 JTDM-2 180 Tecnica: £32,195
- 2.2 JTDM-2 180 Speciale: £34,150
- 2.9 V6 BiTurbo Quadrifoglio: £59,000 (0-62mph 3.9secs, 34.4mpg)